Episode 46: Placement Decisions–Nursing Homes or Assisted Living Facilities? – Make Dementia Your B*tch!
The time to start considering placement options is when you do not need these options in the immediate future. However, if you are think placement may be a possibility, this is the podcast that helps you sort out one essential question: an assisted living facility or a nursing home? Learn the difference between the two, which one Medicare and Medicaid may pay for, and important policies to know about BEFORE deciding. Nursing Home Compare site: https://www.medicare.gov/care-compare/ My book, "Make Dementia Your B*tch! An Easy Guide to Understanding Dementia-related Behaviors" is now available on Amazon! Order it here. Love the podcast? Want to stay in the loop and snag information about free stuff and other offers in the podcast? Subscribe here Frustrated with care refusals? Get your free copy of my checklist, “ Dementia Hacks: 15 Ways to Manage Dementia Care Refusals.” Have a dementia question? Want to hear it answered on a future podcast? Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org Looking for a community? I have my own Facebook page for dementia caregivers: Make Dementia Your B! #alzheimers #lewy body #frontotemporal #dementia #caregiving #care refusal #dementiabitch #assistedliving #nursinghome — This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/rita-a-jablonski/message
- Episode 46: Placement Decisions–Nursing Homes or Assisted Living Facilities?
- Episode 45: Capgras Syndrome in Dementia–My Family Member Thinks I'm Not Me but an Imposter!
- Episode 44: Tips for Visiting People Living in Facilities
- Episode 43: Delusions in Dementia, Part 2–Approaches
- Episode 42: Delusions in Dementia Part 1
- Episode 41: Three Ways to Know if it is Safe to Leave My Family Member with Dementia Alone
- Episode 40: Deciding to Place a Loved One with Dementia is Not Surrendering!!
- Episode 39: Releasing Caregiver Guilt, Anxiety, and Fear!
- Episode 38: What is Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy?
- Episode 37: Teen Caregivers of Parents Living with Dementia