Episode 56: Sexual Behavior and Dementia – Make Dementia Your B*tch!
In this episode, I want to address a topic that can be uncomfortable: sexual behavior in people living with dementia. Sometimes, an aging parent with dementia may make overtures to an adult child of the opposite gender. I explain how this is a case of "mistaken identity" and how to prevent it. There are times when the person living with dementia wants sexual activity, but the spouse, for a variety of reasons, cannot connect in that way. Learn how to meet that spouse's need for loving touch without involving sexual activity. Persons living with bvFTD present extremely challenging sexual behavior–and meds are not the answer. Free VIRTUAL dementia education and support session, Monday August 8 at 6 pm central time: https://dementiacentricsolutionsllc.clickmeeting.com/monthly-dementia-webinars Other resources: New! 5 Ways to help People living with dementia who refuse help: https://dementiacentricsolutions.com/caring-for-someone-living-with-dementia-tired-of-fighting-and-arguing/ Have a question? Want more information about my programs? Email me: email@example.com Interested in my book? Get your free preview here: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asin=B09SR2ZMM2&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_1984RXHNZ8WBNHR7WSJ2 You can also leave questions here: https://anchor.fm/rita-a-jablonski/message #alzheimers #lewy body #frontotemporal #vascular #Parkinsons #dementia #caregiving #care refusal #dementiabitch #decision-making #decisional capacity #sexual — This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/rita-a-jablonski/message
- Episode 56: Sexual Behavior and Dementia
- Episode 55 FTD and Primary Progressive Aphasias
- Episode 54: Caregiver "Vibes" Affect Behavior in People living with Dementia
- Episode 53: Wandering Behavior in People Living With Dementia
- Episode 52: Challenges Facing Employed Dementia Care Partners in a Post-Covid World
- Episode 51: Spousal Caregivers of People Living with Dementia–Advice from Dr. Gloria Lee
- Episode 50: Dealing with "Stubborn" and "Mean" Dementia Behaviors: Tips and Approaches
- Episode 49: Q and A with Dr. J–"Can a facility refuse to accept my loved one with dementia?" and Other Questions
- Episode 48: My Family Member With Dementia Only Wants Care From Me And No One Else!
- Episode 47: Being Your Authentic Self by Using the "Entering Their Reality" Approach to Handle Dementia Behaviors